So near, and yet...

Hi All.

Well, after my last request for help about my car dying under heavy throttle, I
got 2 replies of "it's too rich - lean the mixture").

So I did.

The result - a mitigated success.

I say "mitigated", because I can now stamp on the throttle without missing - a
few times. I can take the car out on the road, and hammer down to the bottom of
the hill. By the time I get there, the car is starting to miss. This gets
progressively worse until it dies.

The mixture is now more or less right - I set it first "by ear", then I bought
a Colortune, and set to that. This feels like a fuel pressure problem (I said
that before - but the mixture was only half the problem). I've changed the
filter - the old one was dirty, but the new one doesn't fix the problem. I've
removed the screen from the tank - it wasn't blocked.

So what do I test next?

Vic.
- --