Re: 16V dragging hints????

On Sat, 03 Oct 1998 18:23:32 -0700 the mad bastard <stoopid@idirect.com>
writes:

>any other hints that you can offer me?  you know, what kind of tire
>pressure i should be using,

With street tires, you only need from 14-20 lbs in the front. It all
depends on how stiff the sidewalls are.
The rear tires, you want as thin of a tire as you can find, and run 45lbs
of pressure.

> octane boost,

Dont need it. Does your car ping? if no, then dont waste your time and
money on it. Octane boost is NOT a performance enhancement unless your
running a turbo, which you aint. if you fear it will ping, use 92 octane
fuel. its cheaper and will do just as good of a job.

>minimal amount of gas, etc?

Run less than 1/4 or as little as you can without it dying. Your only
going in a straight line so you can run really low on fuel.

>i want to do everything that i can to put my car into the 14s.  i
>really think that i can do it, but i want to make sure that i have
>everything dialed in as best i can.  thanks.

You can disconnect the belts for a few more ponies. Just before you get
to the waterbox, remove the alt and H2O belt and go race. When you get to
the end, reinstall the belts so the battery will charge and the water
will cool. Then drive back to the pits or whatever. This will give  some
hp. Watch the H2O temp.

Thats all the simple tricks I can think of right now. Maybe more stuff in
the morning. GL!

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and