Re: [16v]drag times

> stock 16v, K&N, 24psi in front street tires
> 2 runs both at 16.54

That's a pretty good time.  My best ET with street tires and minumum weight
was a 16.73.  The car is very high mileage, and my shift points were off,
but i'd say a 16.54 is respectable.

Ive heard that every 100lbs equals a .1 second.

give me
> sticky 15s and no tire spin and damn I'm sure the stock roccos would
> be in the low 15s.

I wouldnt' set your hopes on it.  Anyone have the R&T or C&D test run
stats? IMHO,  I'd be surprised it a stock 16v could break 16.0.
Definately not 15.5.

later,
Greg Faust

85 Mazda RX7
86 Jetta Deluxe 2dr
87 GLi
88 Scirocco 16v (206k miles and counting)

- --