New Jetta / Non-rocco

The Bora is the new Jetta body style, and accoring to the ultra-reliable
(insert sarcasm here) dealers in the area, we'll start seeing them middle
of next year... they will still be called Jetta here.

Check out www.vwvortex.com for good info.

~C

 On Fri, 2 Oct 1998, Kathy Teulie wrote:

|I think the BORA may be called a Jetta IV in the US someday.
|This car looks like a PASSAT and a Golf IV.
|They do not list details so I think it will be some time
|before it is on the road, in the US anyway. I think you will need
|to drive this new car and see for yourself.
|
|The Passat is nice and I think they have a cupholder too.
|The Passat is a good size for all the family.
|
|Doug
|87 16v silver Scirocco "GTX"
|81 8v red MK1 Scirocco "S"
|90 16v Passat WGN.
|

|Message text written by "Crane, Damien"
|>
|Hey everyone
|
|OK here's my deal.  I am preparing to buy a family car (it will be the trip
|car and my wife's (not my) daily transportation.  I am currently planning
|on
|a MK4 Golf/Jetta when they arrive.  Now, I have heard from the dealer (who
|sounded like he knew what he was talking about {?}   The Golfs will arrive
|(starting a couple of months after the Jettas) from Germany.  I want to
|know
|whether anyone has any definitive experience in the relative qualities (I'm
|talking about assembly quality, corrosion resistance, etc -- things that
|will effect the long term durability and reliability of the car) of the
|outputs of the two different factories.  Now before you all get going on
|the
|Germany rules kick, consider these things.
|
|Anybody have any real information about whether one or the other of these
|places of manufacture should be avoided and why?
|
|Damien<

|--
|To subscribe or unsubscribe, send email to scirocco-L-request@scirocco.org,
|with your request (subscribe, unsubscribe) in the BODY of the message.

Christopher Mende           FederalExpress            Work: 719-262-1022
www.neubayern.net     Distributed Systems Support     Page: 888-786-1344
www.fedex.com              Colorado Springs           Home: 719-264-8132

- --