Big Car Family

Sadly enough, Brett, I came from a family who completely boycotted
VW's of any kind.  I guess my uncle had a beetle, and my dad saw
him tinkering with it too much.  On top of that, my dad witnessed
a girl get killed in a beetle and naturally, bugs got a bad rap
with their "engine-in-the-back-tiny-a##-tin-can-death-trap image
that pervaded our home.  My dad likes. . .gulp!. . . . cadillacs
(classic) and dodges.  But to redeem him, he is also fond of
Benz--and has a '67 fully restored to stock 180D.  Or is it a 140?
 Well, it's gutless, I know that.    It's gorgeous.  Underpowered,
but a great "touring" car.  I grew up always wanting a VW (I knew
this at the ripe age of 5) but I could never tell my dad this, he
would have been furious.  Didn't want me to die in a wreck.  So,
when I came of age to drive, he got me a 1971 Plymouth Satellite
Sebring.

 I've still got "Christine".  She red w/ wh. top, and devours the
road with a rumble and roar that makes my heart race in
excitement.  But enough already.  I'm sorry--this isn't a
Satellite mailing list. . . . I lost my head.  I'll never speak of
her again.  .  .  .  How could I like muscle cars as much as
sciroccos? I must be nuts. . . .

Jennifer