Re: Engine Swap question

Rabbit GTi's are JH engine code 1.8L, and pulling the 1.7 out and putting the
1.8 JH in is as easy as putting a 1.7 back in, pretty much. Nothing special.
Tranny bolts right up, most of the sensors are in the same place, all of the
mounts are identical, etc. Intake is the same... top radiator hose is slightly
different. 1.7's ARE weak. It's a fact. The JH is a much stronger engine. Good
luck!
    -Josiah
    '84 GTi
    '86 Scirocco (buy me!)