Re: [tech] Cooling Fan Operation

In a message dated 11/28/98 3:44:40 PM, brads@mindspring.com writes:

>Isn't this the relay for the after run cooling? It runs the rad fan for
>few minutes after the car is turned off, when the coolant is hot enough.

I think it has somthing to do with the fan opperating while the ac is on. I
took my ac out a long time ago and just removed the relay last week. There was
no change in operation but thats not suprising as my fan is wired directly
from the battery (the negative lead is switched by the little temp sensor plug
at the bottom of the radiator).

While I'm thinking of it. Is anyone using a double fan in their roc? I just
instaled one from an 83 Audi Coupe. It seems to take about half the time my
factory fan did to cycle the water back to cool.

Nate