[tech] Cooling Fan Operation

Ok, my problems with the battery drain are almost over.  The deck is
the cause.  Don't know what the solution is.  Probably a new deck,
heck I *needed* one anyways, right.

Two questions now.  Regarding the cooling fan on the rad.  Why when
I turn on the blower for the interior does the cooling fan come on
at the low speed setting?

And what is the relay in front of the battery supposed to do.  I
think it has something to do with the a/c.  Its on a little hanger,
with a bundle of wires running out of it, mostly red ones.  The
relay is small and silver, part # 171 919 505A.  I was trying to
find out why the fan runs with the blower, when I pulled it out.
Doh, I broke off one of the leads on the relay.  I haven't noticed
anything not working.  I hope this isn't too important.

Thanks for the help guys.

Sean.
87 8V