Re: 8v to 16v transplant

ohhh are you buying my 16v???? hehehe

yes, oh boy! no, crap.

anyways to do a 8v to 16 u disconnect everything,pull out all the
engine management (not much on an 8v), including exhaust, trash
it(exhaust) drop the block, drop in the 16v , install the engine
management wiring harness, and exhaust can easily be done in a
weekend. Id recommed a week, after you drop the 8v spend a few days
deep cleaning that engine bay out, sure theres lotsa grime on the
firewall and a-arms etc. (at least 1lb).

if you dont have a complete 16v engine and management system (ie you
didnt buy mine) then you CAN splice in the ecu and knock sensor but
thats a bentley and wire nightmare.

2.0 just means you swap out the bottom end, or take your 1.8L have it
bored out to 2.0L and buy a set of 2.0L pistons ($450 new) or stock
ones somehow.

 Ryan

so, when ya coming to get my engine, better hurry i might get tempted
to drop it in my Jetta or my Cabriolet..... :-)