Re: Making my US Bumpers smaller

>Hey,
>
>Has anyone out there tried or sucessfully made
>they're US bumpers smaller? I've seen it done
>before but I have no idea on how to do it. I think
>it would be a cheaper alternative than Euro bumpers...
>
>Thanks
>

>==
>-Paul-

heh, heh.... This was one of my more funner-ist/ destructive mods to the
uGLi...

Ok, get a drill, put a sharp bit in it, sit on yer but facing the
bumper. Drill into the bumper"shocks".   This WILL blow up.

Lemee say that again.

this will blow up.

its gonna spray crap ALL Over you and the car. after you do it, drill
another hole in the same shock, then put 2 holes in the other bumper
shock.

While you're swearing and dripping wet from shock juice, stand up and
KICK THE HELL out of your bumper. It should slide right into place.  If
you want, drill another hole in each shock to put a set screw in. I
think its funny to ocasionally kick my bumpers back into place.

The reason you drill 2 holes is to let the shock drain better. If you
only drill one, it'll take a long time to push the fluid out.

On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the coolest mod ever, 1 being the
stupidist, this gets a 5 on the coolness scale, and a 10 in the "I'm a
dumbass with a drill" scale.

                       CHRIS CHEMIDLIN

          NEW MUSIC!         http://www.spredhaus.com

          58 Type1 Ragtop, 84 Jetta GLi, 87 Foxwagen