Antennas

Fellow listers,

I had a flash of inspiration today. My GTI is lacking an antenna for some
odd reason, thereby rendering it tuneless. This is not good. So, I wandered
over to Radio Shack, and picked up a universal windshield antenna kit. It
has a thin wire that runs along the top of the windshield like on old Chevy
trucks. The best part? It should help to, if not totally, eliminate the
fusebox shorting out from a leaky antenna gasket. Plus, it'll remove the
dorky looking 8v antenna for one hell of a lot cheaper than a Fuba. Also,
you won't have to worry about some asshole bending your antenna for shits
and giggles. The cost for the kit? Five bucks, and time to put it in.
Spendy, huh? I haven't put it in yet, but should work quite nicely once I
figure out where to run the wire. The part number for this gadget is
12-1325. The only problem with the kit is that the supplied plug for the
antenna hole is too big for the hole on the car, but there's gotta be a
rubber plug out there that will fit.

zach
86 8v
84 8v