Re: Lights

Chris Coracini wrote:

> where can i get these?  i want to replace the sealed beams but i like
> the four headlight look over the euro headlight look (am i the only
> one?).

Hey Chris,

You are not the only one. One of the first things I did when I
bought my 88 was to dump the crap sealed beams for a set of the
Hella H4/H1 lamps. I believe I purchased them from Automotive
Performance Systems (APS). Right around $100 US, back in 1989 that
is. I have stayed with the standard 55/60W H4 and (I think) 55W H1.
I figured I would go to higher output bulbs when the original ones
burned out. But, with Over 100K miles on them, the originals still
kick out bright, clean light. The hellas have a "European" light
pattern. The low beams have a very sharp cutoff on the left to avoid
glare to oncoming drivers, but kick up on the right side to really
illuminate the roadside and traffic signs. I find it very effective,
but it did take a little while to get used to it. Highly
recommended.

Later,
	Jon
--