Re: [tech] [starter]

I did this when i put the new engine in, and it made a world of difference!
I had to use an impact screwdriver to get off all the screws though.

I cleaned the inside, and lubed all the contact/wear points w/ mobil 1 grease

At 11:25 PM 11/21/98 -0500, you wrote:
>I took out the starter from my 2L 16V.
>How do I remove the PITA 3 rusted screws to remove the solenoid?  Don't
want to strip them.

>i want to get some with litho grease in there to liven it up a bit.  Is
this okay to do, or just better to leave it alone?

--
Kevin Fry .:. 81 Scirocco S JH -- turbo soon to come!
      San Diego, CA