Re: sway bars

At 02:24 AM 11/22/98 +0000, Ryan Schuermann wrote:
>> Lets _discuss_ this, not get into some inane argument - I'd like to hear
>> your side of the story.  Unless your car has NO suspension travel, it sorta
>> has to roll some, more than a degree.   What are your spring rates?
>
>I just get tired of your pissy disbeliefs. I don't have to argue
>crap with you, if I say something, I dont wanan argue the
>difference between a .1 and a 0.

You don't have to do anything, but saying that a stiff car is not
recommended for autocross is not entirely accurate.  You did not say "my
car is so low that it has no suspension travel, which I don't recommend for
autocross," but -

 "oh i have avo coilovers...and imean 0  bodyroll when i say it, the
tires will break before the body gives.(not recommended for
auto-xing)"

Coilovers are recommended for autocross.  Zero bodyroll is a near
impossibility, unless there is no compliance in the suspension(IE a
physical limit to how far the wheel can move, like a bumpstop).  Nothing
about the above statement seems bad for autocross - coilovers are good,
flat is good, I'd recommend a car that has coilovers and corners flat(being
relative) for autocross....that's why I asked.

Im referring to my Rieger Rocco,the
>front bumper is 2" above the ground,the rocker panels are 3" above
>the ground. I have ALMOST 0 suspension travel, I can practically feel
>it if i drive over a human hair.

Oh.  Sorta like a shopping cart?

 I have no clue what this dude
>installed for spring rates,

Find out for us!  I know I'm curious, but if the car is that low, it
probably does not have any suspension travel, so I guess it really does not
matter.  A friend put Neuspeed Race springs in his Jetta along with some
bonus size(read huge) bumpstops - car rode like crap until we cut them.

Corrado G60 w/ neuspeed racing springs, stress and sway
>bards was tight, but had a small ammount of body roll.

IMHO, a G60 with Nspeed Race springs and swaybars would have a considerable
amount of roll, in terms of autocross.  It'd be nice, it'd be fun, but not
flat, nowhere near.

Send me $20,
>i'll send you a tape of me changin lanes.

You send me the tape & when I return it, I'll include $5 to cover the
shipping.  I might be stupid, but I'm not going to send $20 to someone who
does not like me.  Better yet, make an .avi or something so we can ALL see it.

>I was tryign tomake a pint that i would NOT recommend it for anyone,
>it is the utter most crappy ride i have even experienced, I get
>jarred over every little bump, my rear end gets airborn over evey
>large bump or ridge in the concrete,

So why did'nt you say that?

Hey, did'nt you say you were going to leave the list??  I could'nt remember
if it was you, until you said something about the oil, about your "broken
dipstick."  Almost forgot.  Glad you cleared that up for us - there's a
significant difference between no suspension and stiff!

I.Mannix