Linkage Question

I need help, and the VW shop where I get my parts, needs even more.
I'm trying to replace the Relay Shaft Bracket in my shifter linkage.
They tried giving me a part that was similar, however will not work on
my car.  They can't seem to find the right one.  Has anyone dealt with
this problem?  Before I try to squeeze under my car to get a part #, I
thought I might try and pick your minds.  I also looked up my VIN code
and it showed that I was indeed dealing with an "87" 16V 2-door delux.
I just had to make sure someone hadn't messed with anything.   Thanks!

Andrew P.
"87" 16V Scirocco