Re: mono wiper / tyres(yoko's at present)

On Sat, Nov 21, 1998 at 02:28:38PM -0000, Lindsay Campbell wrote:

> and another question ...- i am running 15" Yokohama's on a set of TSW's at
> the moment but i am looking for a better tyre in the wet the Yoko is
> excellent in the dry but very very scary in the wet especially when my
> girlfriend is driving (lol) hope she does'nt read that.......

I am very happy with my Dunlop D60A2s. I just bought my second set of them
last week, the last set lasted 40,000 miles. (around 64,000 km for those
who like funny numbers) They would have lasted mayb 10k, but I had a
screwed up suspension for a while, fixed now, yay!

BTW, for anyone in the Atlanta, GA area, I reccomend Tire Force in
Alpharhetta for suspension work and tires. I got the D60A2s for the same
price it would have cost from www.tirerack.com, and the guy who fixed my
trailing arm beam really knew VWs well. He is from South Africa, where
they still sell A1 VWs, and really knew his stuff. Ask for Dean the
alignment guy, because another guy named Dean is the manager.

Dan