Re: [racing] "handling feel"

In a message dated 11/21/98 12:12:44 AM Eastern Standard Time,
byoshida@zygote.hsc.usc.edu writes:

> Why add them if they're
>  only going to make the car heavier and the wallet lighter?
That is a very untrue statement. Swaybars will make a VERY noticeable change
to your car's handling. It just sounds to me like you may not do enough
aggressive driving to notice the changes going on to your car's handling. I'd
take your car out to an empty parking lot someday (a big one) and push your
car a little. hard turns and lift on the gas, brake while turning, accelerate
when you normally wouldn't. Learn your car and it's limits. Your car shouold
become an extension of yourself. If you can't "feel" anything when your
driving, then it's time to become more aware of what's actually happening to
your car when you give it input. It's giving you feedback, you just aren't
recognizing what it sending you. Take your time. It will come. Drive hard,
drive smart, drive safe.

Frank