Re: serious/ delerious exhaust

At 08:00 AM 11/20/98 PST, Chris Chemidlin wrote:
>Ok,
>If the car is trying to make me commit suicide, Ive gotta fight back....
>
>I have a dual outlet manifold from a diesel (no O2 hole). I also have a
>(very) used Techtonics exhaust system that needs a muffler.
>
>Does anybody have a new or slightly used downpipe and cat?  The downpipe
>is split into 2 pipes- can I drill the O2 sensor into one of them- or
>will that give me a false reading?
>
>What else do I need? New studs for the head, new nuts for the head, a
>new exhaust gasket, hangers,... am I missing anything?

    There are 4 separate gaskets between the head and manifold as well as a
large gasket between the man/downpipe. You'll want to do them all. You can
also get a threaded nut to weld to the exhaust. The Potterman or Mark can
set you up. You may want a muffler shop to install the O2 fitting though.
Gerry