This is serious, we could make you delerious...

UUHHH...

I had a problem this morning. Let me st the picture, I'd like some
feedback.
The car is an 84 Jetta GLi, it has the factory manifold and downpipe,
and it has some midas/econo exhaust/catalitic converter.  Lately it has
been rattling on the inside a little, and the muffler is getting a
little raspy.  Ive been told that the rattle could be a sign of a bad
cat.

Well I woke up a few hours ago, feeling fine, and I drove to work. After
a rather quick section of highway, there is a stop light. Well while I
was waiting, I started to feel sick- like I was gonna barf.  I kept
driving to work, and when I got there, I turned off the car. About 1-2
seconds after I turned it off, it mand a BOOM sound. It sounded a little
like a backfire, but it came from the exhaust.  I turned it on again and
shut it off- it did it again. It even did it the 3rd time, too.
Anyway, I got into work, and started puking. not cool...
Its been about an hour now, I feel a little better, my head is starting
to clear.

What the hell happened. I was obviously poisened by the car somehow, but
I didn't smell that magic sulfer smell.  Any suggestions?

                       CHRIS CHEMIDLIN

          NEW MUSIC!         http://www.spredhaus.com

          58 Type1 Ragtop, 84 Jetta GLi, 87 Foxwagen