Re: going rate for a rocco

---Neal Tovsen <ntovsen@piper.hamline.edu> wrote:

> Behind door number 2:
> 82 1.7l 8v, dark red. Has also been sitting for a while (all summer).
> Supposedly runs well - I'll take it for a drive when the guy charges the
> battery. Body is in pretty good shape and the interior looks dirty but not
> totally abused. It's being sold by a grease-monkey shop that specializes
> in Baja Bugs (wild for Minnesota, eh?). He's asking $1500, and again I'm
> not sure that it's worth that much. The only noticable bonus is an
> honest-to-goodness real mono wiper setup.
>
> 			Neal Tovsen

This sounds like a ~$800 car to me.  Not too bad at all, and would be
the way I'd go (and have) for a winter beater.  It's a bit less complex
then the 16v, so upkeep should be less.  It can use smaller rims and tires
so that'll be less expensive also, not to mention that the thinner tires
should be better in the snow.  Sounds like an ok deal to me.

==Brett