RE: good deal or not?

$5500 for an 87 scirocco 16V?  it had better be in concours condition...
 partial leather seats (not full leather), is there a sunroof?.  i paid
3500 (plus my 81S with a broken rear axle, they gave me 500 for it....)
for mine , but this was almost seven years ago back in early '92.  it
had 60,000m, sunroof, full leather, a/c, power everything, and
everything worked.  no mods, though.  i don't think our cars are
appreciating in value, i think the prices have stabilized over the past
3 to 5 years.  the euro bumpers and lights do add some value to the car,
even so i would not pay more than $4300 or so for that car.  you can
find very nice 16Vs for less than $3500...  on the other hand it IS nice
to see someone asking so much for my car!!  maybe we're starting to
appreciate...

chris
86 16V scirocco