Re: Thanks, and here's another question!

In a message dated 11/18/98 3:22:57 PM Pacific Standard Time, dbruby@ainet.com
writes:

> What causes misfires?  I know, it's either spark or fuel, but what's the
>  most basic way to determine which? (Mine misfires indiscriminately at idle
>  and throughout the rev range.  Yet I have a new fuel filter, injectors,
>  injector seals, cap, rotor, spark plugs, spark plug wires, and coil, not to
>  mention the hall-sender ECU.  I am puzzled, and the car gets rougher and
>  rougher.  Occasionally, It'll give a huge buck or two, and occasionally,
>  it'll stall when idling up to stop signs, etc..  Actually, I'm about to go
>  postal on it, but I want to go Autocrossing next season, and a Nissan 4x4
is
>  not the hot setup for that.)
>  My Scirocca' runs like a piece of caca!
>
>  TIA for advice (and extra credit to anyone who can recomend a good shop in
>  the central Calif. area)

Sounds like a sudden misfire as opposed to just general poor running.  Try
jiggling the key while it's running.  The ignition switch has know to wear out
and might cause this.  If so, replace just the electrical switch not the key
portion.

Have you check out a shop called Claude's Buggies in Famersville.  I never had
any service done by them, just some parts.  Don't even know if there still
around.

Good Luck.
 -dick-
78 Scirocco