[tech] [grounding] again

In addition to the long message before....
I failed to mention that the voltmeter reading of 12.62 and this morning of 12.58 was while the car was not running.   So, while the car is running I get a reading of 13.88 at the battery posts and at ALL the new grounding connections. (neg post to chassis, neg post to coil bracket, neg post to alternator case, and from alt case to chassis).
Is this a "good" reading to all you electrical folks out there?

I'm going to finish the loop by going neg post to engine and then engine to chassis.
Is it okay to run 4 gauge from positive post to starter, or do I need 2 gauge?

Rich

application/ms-tnef