The Great Engine Swap - Part One Completed

I have successfully pulled the 100K 1.6L, w/ head gasket problems, out of the
'81.

 I was able to leave the tranny behind by disconnecting all the motor mounts
but the rear one and supporting the tranny from below. With the front & two
side mounts removed I was able to lift the pass. side enough to slip the
clutch away from the tranny splines.

Now, getting the 1.8L in will be a bit of fun but I'll have gravity on my
side. With the motor mounts off there is more elbow room to move things
around.

As the passenger side mount makes use of 8mm hex socketed bolts I'm wondering
if anyone had any problems replacing them with conventional hex head bolts. I
remember somone doing this.

Figure I ought to replace the seals on the tranny while I have it out, I wanna
replace it's lube with the Redline I've been aging in the cellar.

2nd subject- I have a 10:1 1.8 shortblock in the back yard I was thinking of
having rebuilt. How much is a resonable figure to have it freshened up?

Wrenching; Fun & Theraputic

TBerk