Re: Front wheel bearings.

In a message dated 11/16/98 12:57:03 AM Eastern Standard Time,
skerocdriver@juno.com writes:

<< How can bad wheel bearings destroy a hub? Curious. >>
>From what I heard, you can get it soooo hot by running with a bad bearing that
the HUB expands & warps and will no longer hold the bearing tight like it is
supposed to.  That's just what I was told.  Its never happened to me.  ON a
related note, I know a guy that had his rear wheel fall off because his bad
bearings got hot enough to break the stub axle. D'oh
Dan May
8716VScirocco  95.5Tacoma4x4
http://members.aol.com/scirocco87