Re: Front wheel bearings.

On Sun, 15 Nov 1998 19:43:44 -0800 Kevin <aventari@cts.com> writes:
>:) oh yeah, to answer your question, no, it wont hurt to drive on it.
the
>more you do drive on in, the more chance you can destroy the hub and
>need a new one.

How can bad wheel bearings destroy a hub? Curious.

>From my vast worldly experience, id think that driving on bad wheel
bearings would run the risk of obliterating the bearing itself which
could, worse case scenerio, roll the wheel/hub/brake assy right off the
spindle of the car.
(say, isnt that my wheel going down the road? and WHY do I hear this
_grinding_ niose?)

-OR-

The bearing siezes on the race and the wheel locks up. Either way, not
something id like to happen to me.

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and