Re: injection

On Sun, 15 Nov 1998 01:42:09 EST Doolbnroht@aol.com writes:
>	ok guys today while sitting at work i had another brain fart.
>i was thinking about the webber injection which had the large single
butterfly
>instead of the two butterflys. i know this idea will work on the 8valves
and 16
>valves, because i tried it. what happens if you make like a clip that
will catch the
>the spring thingie that will opens the secondary butterfly as it opens
the
>primary butterfly. has anyone else tried this? or am i jsut being stupid
>again?(don't answer that)

Well, this has been discussed and tried before actually. (This is another
prime candidate for the Scirocco.org FAQ sheet if its not already there.)
OK, so basically all that you will accomplish is you will open the
secondary butterfly at the same time as the primary. Takes a split second
to go WOT without the mod. What does it do. Well, nothing really. It will
make the car a little more undrivable in traffic. You essentially have an
on/off throttle which is hard to modulate. if you are an all out drag
racer, it might be useful but I seriously doubt it. Its the same
principal as the single throat TB's used by other manufacturers. its an
on off switch where as out dual throat VW TB's are more user friendly.
don't ever think your being stupid for voicing an idea. At least your
thinking!

>also does anyone know if this has any detremintal effect on my
>car?
>later!
>alan
>87 16v

Not really, it wont hurt anything. Just be careful you don't break or jam
the throttle linkage. (I know people who have had this happen. he also
swore up and down that it gave him 15HP but he is yet to be a credible
person to anything other than the fact he does OWN a VW.  :)

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and