FS: 1986 8v in NH

Hey all... I'm selling my '86 8v. Finally got the frame welded and the
lower stressbar put on. Actually I put the stressbar on first, and it
drove fine like that, but I thought a bit of welding was in order to
make it really strong.
Color: Arctic Blue Metallic (silver with a blueish tinge in the right
light)
Mods: None except 14" alloys with 185/60R14's. Bottlecap type alloys. Oh
yeah and the stressbar, which is a Neuspeed, incidentally, and very
beefy.
New within past year:
Sachs clutch and clutch cable
Used FN code trans (wide ratio)
Valve cover gasket
Rear shocks (Monroe)
Used front shocks (almost new)
Brakes: rotors, pads, ebrake cables, shoes, wheel cylinders, used
(almost new) drums
New two days ago:
Exhaust, cat back

More on the previously broken frame: it's the unit body, right behind
where the left-hand control arm mounts to the unit body at the rear. A
crack developed, sending the alignment out of whack, in the mounting
piece that welds to the unit body there. I had it welded previously, but
did not brace it, and I think that the weld was less than perfect. Also,
I neglected to put any sort of rustproofing on it, so it rusted quite a
bit. It lasted me about eight months, then broke again.

The interior is the lousy blue velour with like no side support at all
in the seats. I have a set of nice leather seats, but much of the
stitching has come undone in the driver's seat. I'll redo the stitching
and sell the seats in the car, if the buyer is interested. (MUCH better
than the blue velour!)

Pics of the car can be seen on my website, although it's nothing
special... looks just like every other '86 Scirocco out there. Much of
the info on the car that you will find on my website is quite inaccurate
at this point.

The car has always been reliable... took it down to New Orleans and back
just before the weld broke the second time. Always starts right up...

Oh yeah and for those of you that know that it used to have a blocked
cat... no more. I reamed it out... (shhhh)

I'm selling the car because I have my QSW, which I love, and my modified
GTI, which I also love. I honestly don't really love the '86... dunno
why. I probably WOULD if it had leather seats in it, and now that I've
fixed all of the crap that was wrong with it... maybe I'll wish I wasn't
selling it. But in any case, I can't justify having three cars. I just
don't need three cars.

I want $1000 for the car, or $1200 with the leather seats. (Includes the
rear seat, which is nearly perfect).

Email me privately if you're interested, or would like more details.

    -Josiah