Re: Rally tire/Winter tire question

>A 13" fitment will be more effective than 14". Remember, narrower is
better. A
>165 width tire will handle better than a 175 -generally speaking.
Skinny rims
>also *help* the sidewall flex left and right -making the contact patch
stay flat
>on the ground instead of picking up on one side. Wierd, eh?

>Buy some Nokia Hakkapalita 1s (see my other post) and call it a day.
>--
>Scott F. Williams
>NJ Scirocco nut
>Hotrod Rabbit GTi
>SCCA PRO Rally driver

Scott- Where can I get these Nokias around here? I just ripped the old
tires off my 13s and I'm gonna blast 'em before I get some snows for
em...  How many seasons do these usually last? How much$$$? I'm also
looking at the 165's. How do I say Hakka-whatever? (Hack-a-puh-lita?)

I'm pretty sure the stock VW 13's were 5.5 inches wide.

                       CHRIS CHEMIDLIN

          NEW MUSIC!         http://www.spredhaus.com

          58 Type1 Ragtop, 84 Jetta GLi, 87 Foxwagen