Re: Better late than never dept. (was: Rally tire/Winter tire question)

> This is true about the Blizzaks, after the first 50% they are only
> really good all season tires. I think this holds true to some degree
> for all snows. Once you have worn off the soft sticky portion of the
> tread, you are left with shorter, less compliant tread blocks. And
> yes, I know about the microcell compound only being present in the
> outer portion of the Bridgestones.

	With the Guardex, they tread is composed 100% of the sticky stuff.  We''ve
run all our winter cars on blizzaks for the last 3 years or so, and they've
been great, especially on those glazed over intersections that people just
can't seem to stop,  but the corrado is getting a set of guardex tires
today, so as the snow falls, i'll give my comparison of the two.

		Praying for snow,

Owen
87 16v
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Garage/1571