Re: Rally tire/Winter tire question

Well, I got some great suggestions and some good questions . . .
I've rallied before but not in my own car . . .
It was a A2 golf that had Michelins .  . So I figured I would get those but I
found out today that there no longer being made . . As for where I drive . .
Well, I'm mostly on roads that don't get plowed to often and I don't like
waiting around for plows so there all soft snow that ends up getting packed
down . . .
But I do a lot of snowboarding so I go upstate where it looks like they just
don't believe in plowing and let it get all packed . . So its fun twistie back
country or mountain roads that don't get plowed often . . Then there are the
high ways I have to deal with . . That's why I don't know if I want studded
tires or not. . . But they are legal . . Seen to many friends go crazy and
spark there drive tires with studs. . fun to watch but I don't know if I want
that on my car . .
Now, my question on those is can I get them to slide if I really wanted to . .
like at a resorts packed snow parking lot . . ?I want something that has good
grip and can handle my cars torque . . Running on 11.5:1 compression ratio I
tend to spin my wheels when its dry out . .
But from what I hear maybe I should go with Yoka's unless I get some more
suggestions. One thing I like to do is go on fire and logging roads in the
summer so I might hit a few this winter if they get packed down enough. . .if
I slide in hit a inbankment I won't worry as much . . did it before the snow
slowed the car enough not to cause body damage. .
Thanks. .
~Danny~
88 16v Tornado Red