Exhaust & engine problems?

Ok, here is another of the multitude of questions I have for the group

Pt.1 I am having problems with my engine / exhaust, and I think they
might be related.
When I let off the gas and keep the car in gear, I get a <pbbbllaatt
pbbbllaatt pbbbllaatt > sort of sound (love the sound effex doncha?) but
if I take it out of gear and let off the gas, no noise... exhaust
problem right?
Pt. 2 This just started recently - when I accelerate, unless I rev it
rreal high (3.5k rpm) when letting off the clutch, it bucks on me...
I have replaced the plugs/wires/ox sensor/fuel filter within the last 3
weeks, so it isn;t any of those.

I think the 2 are interrelated, but I don;t know enough about the
machinations of the exhaust/engine relationsship to go any farther....

Seeking enlightenment

Mark
84 8v
new axle, springs, shocks, struts and a whole bunch of other shit
and a moderately empty wallet