Re: cost of head gasket job on 2.0l 16v

>  What is the average going rate for a head gasket job for a 2.0l 16v
> engine?  Also, what sorts of parts besides a new gasket are required
> to do the job.  TIA...
>
>  Andre'
>  Neon Green 79

Hmmm, I'm going to guess and say this is a $400-$500 job to have done
by someone else.

Other new parts could be:  new stretch bolts for the head, new valve
cover gasket, probably a new intake manifold gasket (the one between the
curved short tubes at the front and the long intake runners), new exhaust
manifold or downpipe gasket (depends where it's taken apart. Not to
mention stud replacement for any broken during removal).  New clamps for
some coolent hoses (new hoses for those that had to be cut away), new
coolent to replace what was probably lost, might as well throw in a timing
belt too as it has to be disconnected and don't forget the timing belt
tensioner.   I've probably missed a couple of items...

==Brett