From: "Michael & Kristen Potter" <kmpotter@ix.netcom.com>
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Re: Was PS, still is P/S

I've got to say that putting Power steering on my MK1 was the
*BEST* single mod I have ever done to the car.  Putting aside the
fact that it's much more tossable on the Auto-X course it is also
WAY more comfortable to drive on the freeway or even around
town. The ratios are a lot quicker/tighter on the power rack's so
turn in is really fast & can induse oversteer if your not careful at
first(esp on a really tight car)  As for some who think you lose the
feel with P/S then you should talk to MR. so cal Auto-X Randy
Walters.....he drove my car before & after & 2 months later he's got
P/S in his DSP 85 GTI. It did make a difference for the better.....but
that's just IMHO ;)

Mike Potter
a.k.a. Potterman
kmpotter@ix.netcom.com