Re: 2.0 liter 8v - what size exhaust?

Date:          Tue, 10 Nov 1998 01:21:11 -0500
From:          "Wm. Josiah Erikson" <josiah@gsinet.net>
To:            TBerk16@aol.com
Cc:            scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject:       Re: 2.0 liter 8v - what size exhaust?

Go 2.25 bigger is better.  You shouldn't lose much torque.  plus the
2.0 will like the better breathing.  If you run an unported 8v head
you are already starving the 2.0 those engines need to breathe

Tony

Everything I've ever heard says that torque will suffer slightly if you go over
2"... I think 2" is optimum, not from personal experience, just from talking to a
lot of people.
    -Josiah