Re: Speakers : 6x9s - Rear Shelf Design ramblings

In a message dated 11/10/98 5:52:49 AM Pacific Standard Time,
clfitz@inetone.net writes:

>  At 11:31 PM 11/9/1998 EST, TBerk16@aol.com wrote:
>
>  >Some design ramblings, use as you will:
<snip>
>  They
>  worked, but I often need to carry rather large pieces of gear, and they got
>  in the way of loading/unloading the hatch, so I had to discard that idea.

I found the 90 degree angle aluminum was perfect because it's light and low
profile. 1 inch works good. I found it at Orchard Supply.

>  >[ I fabricated a cargo floor board from HDF and covered it with greyfuzzy;
>  the
>  >stuff industrial speakers are covered with. Works well, hard to find a
real
>  >coal black color though. ]
>
>  I'm guessing that HDF is high density foam...Is that the stuff that comes
>  in sheets?

Oops, I meant High Density Fiber Board. Its compact and durable.
<snip>
>  >Something the relative size of a large
>  >shoebox for each will most likely improve the performance of these guys.
>
>  That's one reason I was planing on making enclosures next to the strut
>  towers, in fact.  I can make them smaller, and maybe even use the bottoms
>  of the enclosures for storage of something, like small tools or whatever.
>  What I had in mind was a tall enclosure with a seal about half-way down,
>  leaving an open space underneath.

Cool, cool. Check the web for audio sites that have the formulas to figure
volume needed for speaker sive. I think JL Audio is a good place to start.

Laters,
TBerk - 1st Mech then Deck
(only race cars don't need radios)