Re: [non-rocco] 91 Jetta GLI bucking bronco

My wifes 87 did the same.  It turned out to be a fuel problem.  I changed
the main pump and it hasn't done it.  Hers did it primarily when you
stepped on the accelerator though.

HTH
later,
Greg Faust

85 Mazda RX7 - dedicated autoxer
86 Jetta Deluxe 2dr - dedicated snow dog
87 GLi  - dedicated baby carrier
88 Scirocco 16v -dedicated to me (206k miles and counting)