SV: I need more power Captain...

A light car with decent power will be fast in the beginning
before the air resistance becomes to great. An early style rocco
is lighter than a later style, especially a 16V with alot of
power electrical, sunroof etc.

A short ratio gearbox will help acceleration if rpm band where
power is is limited. With the 4speed gearbox you only need to
shift to second to reach 60mph or 100 km/h but with some 5speed
an ddepending on the rev limiter you might have to shift twice.

Roland Johansson
Scirocco 1,6l TIC -82
Http://hem.passagen.se/toker
> >Let me add my 2cents worth, Don't be discourage by this one.
I had an 79
> >Rocco with the same simular stuff done to it and I talked the
talk and
> >walked the walk and everyone said it could not be done 0-60
times I'd have
> >to look at my time sheets , but is around 7 sec, but My 1/4
time was a
> >whopping 16.97 with a 1.6.
> >
> >Keith 84 Rocco w/Big Bumper Conversion
>
> Okay, okay, okay... I know I'm being a prick here, *but*...
>
> How do you figure 7 sec 0-60 runs with a 1/4 mile of 17
seconds?  Cars that