Re: Re-installing motor (Help)

In a message dated 11/8/98 9:55:52 PM Pacific Standard Time, yu129742@yorku.ca
writes:

>  Also, I was installing the intake manifold and noticed that the gasket has
>  the normal four holes with an additional one between two of the normal
>  holes.  Is this the right gasket, the Bentley shows the gasket with just
>  the four openings.  Any help is of great assistance right now.
>

>  Sal

I've seen bunches of replacement gaskets that have extra holes because they
are 'one size fits many' kinds of parts. If the manufacturer can make one part
that fits two applications then they save manufacturing costs.

Unless someone has specific experience or you see it is dubious I wouldn't
worry too much. Besides, the intake manifold is relatively low pressure
compared to inside the block so the stress on that gasket is not as great.

hth, $0.1,
TBerk