How can I get more power/RPM's outta 1.6??

Hey I have a 1.6 with a weber 36mm..G-grind cam..2" exhaust w/ cheap turbo
muffler..and a newly installed sachs OE clutch..Anyways I was beaten all the
cars in town until a little 85 CRX w/ a 1.6 16v transplant came...I can keep
up good but not enough to totally smoke him...I want to keep my 1.6 and 4spd
setup but I wanna rev out to atleast 6800 and get some more power..I'm
wondering If I can put a different head on or even a 1.8 head from techtonics(
I found a used stage ?? head for around $250) My 0-60 times are around 7-8 sec
easy and maybe qucker but I want a good 6 second 0-60 time..well if anyone can
help it would be appreciated...
Thanx,
Greyson Crowe