Thanks!

    Thanks guys, I was hoping I was ok. I will be wanting the other box
eventually, but I can stop worrying about that being the source of my probs. I
think the problem is connected to the warm up circuit somewhere... Perhaps, as
Shawn said, I've switched up some sending wires somewhere....

Thanks again,

-Noah
-83 turbo 'rocco
-83 16v cabbie
-87 8v gti
-see my cars @:
http://home.earthlink.net/~pchandyman/vwclubofdurham/default.htm

Alex said:

The car will run perfectly fine with 8V computers.  The only thing is, your
rev limit will be at 6300, instead of 6800rpms.

*****************
Shawn said:

Its always been my understanding that you can use the 8V box with the 16V
but the difference is that the fuel mapping is different and the rev
limiter is much lower. (and viseversa. 16V box on a 8V works too.)

Icky. I hate electrical crap. It sounds like you have another problem but
it might be related to the box. Not in as much as its an 8V box, but
there might be a signal that its not getting to the box so it shuts the
motor off? I dunno for sure, im only speculating. Is everything hooked up
right? Have you checked it 3000 times yet?

How about getting a 16V box and trying that? Is there a reason why you
have the 8V box or its a case of running what you got?

*******************
Tony said:

try using the 16v computer box.  I know those run richer.  As to why
your car dies when it warms up check the coolant sensor and watch
your timing.  cam & spark.  I had mine a tooth (or 2) off and it
would run for  a while then die.  the header would also glow....

********************
ERegber said:

What fuel injections system are you using CIS E or are you using the KJet
lambda from the Jetta.  I would have to imagine that if you are trying to run
the CIS-E system on a KJet lambda brain it would not run well since certain
things are completely different.  If you are running a KJet lambda system from
the Jetta using the CIS-E brain then it should run.  By system I mean fuel
distributor and monitor plate.  Keep in mind these are just stabs in the dark.
>From what the Robert Bentley Bosch fuel injection book I have says that they
are essentially the same system but go about accomplishing the same thing in
different methods and that may be where your problem lies.  Hope this helps.
BTW I would recommend the book to anybody who owns a CIS injected car very
useful and interesting.

Erich