From: brett@kodak.com (Brett VanSprewenburg)
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Re: MK1 Sunroof Repair (Glass?)
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 1998 09:54:42 -0500

> Do you have the "rag" top or the metal pop-up (like my '81)???
>
> If you have the rag top, email Brian Honnold, he's the resident ragtop
> expert.
>
> Mark . . .   (THINK VW) keep the non-VW posts to yourself!

Wasn't there also factory glass Mk1 sunroof?  I'm pretty sure that I
had one on my first 1978.  It popped up with by rotating a big wheel,
and could be removed by pulling a couple of retainers.  Easy to do. The
car also came with a huge cloth (typical VW grey cloth I might add)
pocket to hold the glass roof while it was out of the car.  It even had
a huge flap with velcro to hold it securely.  Does anyone know if this
was factory?  I may even have a couple of pictures...

==Brett