Re: Mysterious E-Light

> OK, here's one for the tech-meisters:
> My E-light (upshift indicator) is really inconsistent.  Sometimes it flickers,
> sometimes it doesn't work at all, and (best yet) sometimes it comes on while
> in fifth gear.  I don't have a sixth gear!  (Wish I did, though!)
> So then: anyone out there have the same prob?
> Can it be a flaky reverse light switch?  My reverse lights function
> sporadically too.
>
> I want the light to work properly, so I can disconnect the darn thing!
> (I shift when I want to, dang nabbit!)
>
> Thanks crew,
> Dave
> 86 8v

Another one for the FAQs...

Anyway, sounds like you have a few problems.

1. you probably have a vacuum leak with is causing it to flicker.
2. the 5th gear lock-out switch is probably bad.
3. to get it to stop working all together, there's a relay that can be pulled,
now which one this is I don't know off the top of my head...see your
(un)friendly Bentley manual for details.

==Brett