[tech] Spring Removal, Procedure.

   I've been reading the last few posts about removing your
springs.  And I've got a few questions that I hope someone can
answer.

    Is the procedure listed in the Bently correct.  Remove the
wheel.  Install the spring compressor.  Undo the bolt at the top and
the two on the wheel bearing housing.  And then remove the whole
unit?  Or does it involve removing the tie rod end and such.

    I've got all the tools I need todo the job.  I just am not sure
how to approach it.  I know I have to get the alignment done again
anyways. So I'm not worried about that.  I just want to pull the
springs out to put the new Spax ones I go in.  And then maybe cut
the old ones down and see how bad it makes the ride.  You know, just
play around. :)

Sean
87 8V

- --