Racing update

Just thought I'd let the list know that the VW's are dominating the
Stock-4 Class again. Two weeks ago at the 25 lap special, I killed the
second place car by half a lap.  But in the end it was not only a VW 1-2-3
but all Sciroccos as well.  One of the main reasons is the Yokohama tires.
Only my father and I run any kind of an autocross tire, simply because I
don't think anyone else at the track knows they exist. They run used
street tires which I will never do again unless they change the rules on
us.  The tech guy doesn't do anything but weigh us after each race and
make us take the camber out of the right rear tire. I really want to put
the G60 on for a night cause he wouldn't know or care. He'd probably
believe me if I told him its an alternator with extra cooling.  It's
really bad for the class when the rules aren't enforced but I'm still not
"cheating" except that my dual exhaust and cut out airbox bay be kinda
sketchy but trivial at best.  Others are doing much more, i'm sure of it.
Last week I had to start from the back cause of the handicap system but
managed a 2nd place driving through 20 cars to the front in 15 lap. Almost
rolled the car in a qualifier when passing for the lead, the other car
jerked the car down into me, front wheels rubbed together hard and sent me
sideways down the infield at 100kph.  Had to dig the gravel out of my rim
before the next race.

Lots of stories to tell,
Ben Beacock
bbeacock@uoguelph.ca