RE: [help][brakes]urgent

> About rear calipers handbrake rusting:
> If that happens, it IS possible to repair them yourself.

or replace them.  i replaced my rear calipers with rebuilds.  so they
should be fine, no?

> The 16V i think have a load dependent regulator for the rear
are you referring to the proportioning valve?

> so when
> bleeding and testing you have to have the car standing flat on the
> ground
> (or in the air).
ok, car was flat then i bled all four

> And rolling on snow and breaking hard should lock the
> rears.
not happening on my car

> But, for adjusting the rears properly you have to use the handbrake
> for
> some times, the rear caliper pistons are fitted on a screew, they will
> adjust just if you use them

The Bentley book says to retract the pistons into the caliper using a
hex key, turning the piston clockwise.  Then, after bleeding, it says to
pump the brake pedal at least 40 times before starting the car.  This
completes the self-adjusting of the caliper - or so it says.  Are you
saying that I should use the handbrake action to adjust the rears?

Thanks for your advice.

PS -->i notice your URL is swedish.  I work for the american office of
Skandia.  was in stockholm a few years ago.  beautiful place.  would
love to top out my 'rocco on your scenic highways!

john
jgies@skandia.com