Re: [help][brakes]urgent

On Tue, 20 Jan 1998 12:39:33 -0500 JGies@skandia.com writes:
>I have a problem with my '88 16v Scirocco brakes that's stumping me.

What condition are the parking brake cables in? Do the move easily?

Did you adjust the length of the "P" brake cables?

Whats the thickness of the rear rotors? That will have an effect on the
brake system.

Im not familiar with the procedure for bleeding the rear brakes on a 16V
but doesn't it require the prop valve set wide open or something like
that? I remember something like this needing to be done for it to work
properly. Dunno fer sure.

Just for giggles, id check the entire length of the rear brake lines. You
or the shop that did your brakes might have kinked the line enough to
make it perform less than desirable for you.

The last thing I can think of is that you might have simple gotten used
to the performance of the brakes and now you feel that its "not what it
used to be". You know, kinda like when your in the "library" reading your
manual and the place is starting to stink up a bit. You notice it at
first but after a few minutes it seemingly goes away. Then you step out
of the "library" and it will never fail that somebody in the house will
pass by the door and have some negative comment about how you need to
change your diet and such. See, you were used to it so you didn't notice
much.

(I know, i will go a LONG and sometimes embarrassing way to get my point
across.)

HTH, If not humored you.)!

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and