Re: Oil Warning light(HELP US BOTH)

If you're having problems like these with your oil pressure warning light,
follow the very simple and very easy test procedure in the Bentley.  Or if
youre lazy, just replace the pressure switches.  They about $10 each from the
dealer.  Yes, from the dealer.  Thats probably the least expensive part they
carry.  The PL (16v) engine has two switches on the filter mount, one normally
open, one normally closed. (the temp sender is on the head).  It takes about 30
seconds to change and is by no means worth a trip to the shop.  I had to
replace one on my s2 because it leaked and buzzed as you describe and I just
changed both on my 84 GTi( one was leaking, and the other switched on at any
rpm over 2k)

good luck and happy motoring
greg f.

]
]]Let me guess, youre light and buzzer comes on on the high side of the
]]dynamic oil ppressure switch. And it only happens when youre coasting down in
]]gear and the revs hit about 2000 +- 200, most likely goosing the gas will
]]kill it. My car is in the shop right now for this very problem and I just
]]spoke with the mechanic who hasnt looked at it yet but thinks its a bad
]]sending unit and says a either a new unit or a VW oil filter will fix it.
]]He says VW oil filters have special "valve" in them. But my question is why
]]would a pressure sending unit be affected by temperature, other than of
]]course if the oil hotter its thinner right. I just dont see why if thats
]]the problem it wouldnt be kicking in on the low side and get progressivly
]]worse with the weeks since it began. Guess this turned out to be more of a
]]question than a answer huh.
]]
]]Shannon Fenton
]]Thank you for your time.
]]sfenton@telegroup.com
]]
]]johnag wrote:
]]>Have a diagnostic question:
]]>
]]>Last night I drove to pick up my daughter (about 60 miles) in the 94
]]>Jetta GL (2.0L). This is in Wisconsin, roads wet-damp, about 30 F.
]]>Zipping along like, I normally do, at around 65-75 mph. Slow down for
]]>traffic ahead--going about 30 mph at 2100 RPM, steady. All of a sudden
]]>oil light comes on--beeps three times and goes out. I pull over, check
]]>the oil (Mobile 1, 5W30) and it is fine. Get back in drive for about 20
]]>minutes and the whole thing repeats again. Did it two more times that
]]>evening. On the return trip, nothing.
]]>
]]>Question: Anyone have any suggestions what I should start looking for?
]]>Is this the early warning signs of an oil pump going out?
]]>
]]>Any opinions, as always, will be greatly appreciated.
]]>
]]>John A-G
]]>94 jetta (H-stockers watch out! It's coming...)
]]>68 911 (everyone watch out, she has a mind of her own!)
]]>
]]>