Re: Hello

Welcome to the list ,Kris.  I just acquired an '81 Scirocco as well, and
I'm currently deciding what to do with it.  I think I'd rather hold out
and turn my '86 Scirocco into the hot rod, so any mods I make to the '81
will probably be pretty mild.  The only think I'm really sold on is a set
of 14" rims and a lowered suspension.  I just don't like the high snout
these cars have with the stock springs.

Speaking of '81's, though ... maybe someone can give me an idea how hard
it would be to transplant a stock JH 1.8L 8-valve into an '81.  Is it
really that much different?  I was looking at the engine bays in my '81
and '86, and they don't look that much different ...

Cheers,
-- Mike
'81 Scirocco - the fixer-upper
'86 Scirocco - the running-driver
'98 Beetle - the picker-upper-in-April...