Re: Model Scirocco

FYI, I just picked up TWO kits at a local motorsports show.  The
boxes where water damaged, but the parts and directions are fine.  I
am building one like my autocrosser, and one like my dirt car.  I am
having problems making the autocrossers, as I don't have any scaled
13X9 rims.

The kits are made by AMT.  They have two different box lids and
dirrections, but are both exactly the same kits.
FYI, according to the lid, the manufacture date is 1979, the kit
number is 2002, and the address is:

Lesney AMT Corp.
P.O. Box 7338
Baltimore, MD   21227

BTW, the kits give you a stock or road-race option, so it comes with
a race seat, roll cage, fender flares, and two sets of rims and
tires.  I am really impressed witht the detail placed into this
model, with molded in logos, handles, etc.  The kits are actully the
75-76 body style without the wrap-around turnsignal lenses.

Ken Buck
Philadelphia Region SCCA Solo II Chairman
DSP 79 VW Scirocco- 94,96,97 DSP Regional Champ
86 VW Scirocco dirt Thunder Car- 97 ROOKIE OF THE YEAR
79 VW Scirocco rusty bucket daily driver
phillyscca@enter.net
Safety First, Fun Second, Winning a distant Third